Good evening y’all! I hope you are all doing well and had the best Christmas. I still can’t believe this crazy year is finally coming to an end. This has been one of the most trying years for almost everyone & while the hard parts will not just vanish in 2021, it will still be nice to try to have a fresh start with a more positive outlook.
On a lighter note… I was also hoping that you all would be in the mood for another delicious, plant-based recipe. This one has been my go-to for a quick & filling lunch, plus who doesn’t like a dish that includes guacamole and sour cream?!
First thing’s first, this rice & bean mix is the staple for this meal and it also tastes amazing paired with grilled tilapia, cooked into an omelet, used as a topping for nachos, or eaten with veggie tacos. It has tasted good with everything that I have paired it with so far. Once you give this rice and bean mixture a try, you will see what I mean!
- 2 bags (or 1 box) of Uncle Ben’s microwaveable long grain wild rice
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 can of organic black beans
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of guacamole (my personal favorites are the mild pre-made guacamoles at H-E-B & Whole Foods + add a little bit of lime juice & garlic salt)
- 1 tablespoon of Tofutti’s Sour “Cream”
- Optional* your choice of shredded cheese
- Tostito’s organic blue corn tortilla chips
- Peal and chop white onion.
- Sauté minced garlic & chopped white onion in olive oil at medium heat.
- Microwave rice & drain black beans.
- Add rice & beans to the sautéed minced garlic & onions then mix it all together.
- Fill your bowl or plate with the delicious rice & bean mixture.
- Add your favorite toppings. My favorites are guacamole and plant-based sour cream, but it would also taste great with Pico, cheese, or sautéed veggies.
- Enjoy! The burrito bowls taste delicious paired with Tostito’s organic blue corn tortilla chips.
Please leave a comment below to let me know how you enjoyed & prepared this recipe for yourself. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!