Catching Up Part 2!


Hello everyone!! I hope that y’all are having a lovely weekend so far. My weekend has been pretty chill, but I’m excited to share some fun adventures that I had the weeks before. Here is “Catching Up Part 2.”

Let’s begin where I left y’all last, August 3rd: Saturday morning, we all woke up nice and early to get ready to head to Galveston to celebrate Jordan’s birthday with some of our closest friends for the weekend. Once we arrived and unloaded our things at the beautiful beach house, we all headed to the beach to check out the water before dinner time. If you’ve ever been to Galveston you’d know that it’s not known to have the prettiest beaches, but this past year blue water has been coming in and it has been making the water look so much prettier. Galveston definitely still isn’t the Grand Cayman Islands or Florida even, but it was much prettier than the last time I saw it and that was an exciting thing to see. We had a blast Saturday night, dancing, drinking, cooking our dinners, playing board games, and just plain out being silly. After breakfast on Sunday morning and some of us getting over hangovers (including myself), we headed to the water for a full day at the beach. We brought corn-hole and horse shoes to play in the sand, plus we got invited to go a little further down the beach to play some sand volleyball. Volleyball at the beach was epically fun and I’d love to do it again! We went back to the beach house to make some lunch, play more board games, and prepare an amazing dinner. Jordan made some pork ribs and I made some handmade poppers for lunch. Jordan’s friend, Richard, made an incredible pork tenderloin that was stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. Richard made this meal for Jordan and I about two years ago when I went to visit them in Midland, TX and it’s always been one of Jordan’s favorites, so it was awesome for him to make it again. It certainly was a hit!

After dinner we all headed to the beach again to check the water out at night.

Everyone headed home on Monday morning to get back to the real world. It was so nice to get away from everything for a couple of days and just let loose. When Jordan and I got home and finished unpacking, we just relaxed and I finally got started watching “Sons of Anarchy.” Jordan has been trying to get me to watch this show since we started dating, but it just took me forever to want to give it a shot. Now I’m absolutely hooked. After working on Tuesday, Jordan and I met with my grandparents and some of their friends for dinner at Craft Grill. I ordered their chicken fried chicken with mashed potatoes, white gravy, and sautéed mushrooms. On Wednesday morning during a break at work, I headed to Kickerillo Park for another 2 mile walk. This is becoming one of my favorite exercises to do and I can just see myself doing lots of running & walking here during the Fall and Winter. I even made friends with a squirrel, so I will definitely have to go back more. 😊

I spent the rest of Wednesday cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking dinner, and meal prepping lunches for the rest of the week. After work on Thursday I ate my meal prepped lunch of seasoned grilled chicken, garden noodles, feta cheese, and Italian salad dressing. This is one of my favorite lunches and I usually love to add in some sautéed spinach. I had to go back to work again on Thursday evening, but afterwards I was able to meet with Jordan and see Mila. I hadn’t seen her in almost 2 weeks and I was having withdrawals. She kept giving me kisses and singing “Mamma Mia.” ❤️ After we dropped Mila off, we headed to Mo’s Irish Pub to watch the Texans play and eat some dinner. I ordered a home style burger with a side salad and Jordan ordered a buffalo chicken wrap. Friday morning, I slept in a bit because I didn’t have work and then I made myself an egg bagel for brunch. I did tons of cleaning & organizing before Jordan got off work.

Once he got off, I went with him to get his haircut and then we picked up Huk and took him to dinner with us at District 249. We sat outside to watch the Astros and eat our food. Huk was a little wild since it was his first time doing something like that, but I hope that he will eventually calm down as we take him out to do more things like that with us. I woke up extra early on Saturday morning to sit down and have breakfast and coffee before going to work. I feel so much more refreshed and ready to take on the day when I wake up with enough time to do that. When I got off work, I decided to make Saturday and lazy day while I waited for Jordan to finish working. I watched several episodes of “Sons of Anarchy,” snuggled with the animals, had some wine, and ate my meal prepped lunch. Jordan joined in on watching TV with me until the evening time. We met up with our friends Taylor, Wesley, and their precious baby, Scarlett, for dinner at La Cantina. I’ve been wanting to try this Mexican restaurant out for a couple of months now, so I was so excited that we were finally able to go. We all ordered margaritas and the “crafty beef fajitas,” which came with sautéed jalapeños, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, shrimp, and melted cheese. It was delicious and I can’t wait to go there again. Sunday morning, Jordan and I slept in and then I made us both some egg bagels (surprise, surprise). We ate them while watching a little bit more of “Sons of Anarchy.”

Later that day, I met my family for lunch at El Tiempo and to see the new “Christopher Robin” movie. Lunch was delicious as always and the movie was so good. I almost started crying several times, but my favorite thing about it was that it brought me back to my childhood getting to see Pooh Bear, Piglet, and all of the other creatures from the hundred acre woods. I also loved getting to spend more quality time with my family. I’m pretty sure I hugged Hudson about 30 times, which he probably wasn’t the biggest fan of. That same evening, Jordan and I had Jarrod and his girlfriend, Lauren over for dinner by the pool. We grilled BBQ chicken, played corn-hole, and played card games with them and a bunch of our neighbors. We had such a great time! I didn’t have work on Monday, so I took it easy. Later that evening, Jordan and I worked out at our gym (running 1 mile & doing some leg exercises) before heading to Taylor & Wesley’s house for Fish Tacos and TV shows. It was a relaxing night filled with yummy food. After work on Tuesday, I met an old (very good) friend of mine for lunch at a hibachi place and then I headed to the hair salon to have a much needed visit. I ended up arriving very early, so I stopped in for happy hour at a nearby restaurant for a glass of merlot. I am so so happy with how my hair turned out!! I’ve been trying to go icy blonde since last Fall, but I took it slow getting there to keep it healthy. My hair stylist recommended a good shampoo called, Viral Gem Lites Colorwash, which I ordered online to continue to keep the light grey-ish, blue-ish tint in my hair. I’ll let you all know how it ends up working out. 😊 I took my little brother for a little lunch date at McDonald’s on Wednesday after work. It was nice getting to catch up with him and my mom for a bit. Wednesday evening, Jordan and I went to watch the Astro’s at Minute Maid Park with his bosses. We had some stellar seats and we were both so excited to be there! We grabbed dinner and drinks at the Torchy’s Tacos in the stadium. I ordered the “Trashy” Trailer Park Taco & a glass of Chardonnay. We had such an incredible night getting to watch our favorite baseball team beat the Rockies, plus being able to witness quite a few home-runs was pretty awesome. ❤️⚾️ Thursday evening, Jordan and I had Mila for a couple of hours and we made a spur of the moment decision to go check out Gallery Furniture because Mila and I hadn’t been before. That place was awesome! It was filled with so many amazing pieces of furniture, mattresses, and many other cool things available for purchase, but it also had fun things like monkeys, an indoor playground, a bunch of mattresses for people to jump on, and much more. I met Jordan for lunch at Lupe Tortilla after work on Friday. We split some of their yummy, beef fajitas. I headed home to do some cleaning afterwards until we went to pick up Mila for the weekend. The three of us camped out with a bunch of our neighbors by the pool for dinner and a movie. They played “Jumanji” on a giant blow up screen and they had Fajita Pete’s catered. It was such a fun night. I worked a couple of hours early this morning then came home to help Jordan with some cleaning & make us some breakfast for lunch or “brunch” I guess. We’ve spent the rest of the day relaxing because I haven’t been feeling very well.. I just made us some spaghetti for dinner before we head to the theater to see “Meg.”

I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your weekend. I will be back to write next week. ❤️

XOXO, Paige.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s