4th of July, Summer Fun, and Workouts!

Hello, hello everyone, I’m back this Friday for my weekly recap. I hope that you all had a wonderful 4th of July! Unfortunately it was raining most of the day here in Houston, but I still made the best of it.Let’s start off where I left you guys last week. After wrapping up last week’s recap, I headed straight to the gym for my 2 mile run & arm workouts. I ended up breaking up my 2 mile run into two parts and also ended up doing a little more than 2 miles. I ran (and walked a bit) for 1.20 miles, did a circuit of arm exercises (which included bicep curls, flies, and chest press with dumbbells), then I ran another mile. It was such a good workout and I felt great afterwards. Jordan and I had our friends, Jarrod and Lauren (+ her sweet son, Dalton) over on Friday evening for some pool time & grilling. We made some pork chops and poppers that were delicious and Mila & Dalton had so much fun playing together. Saturday morning, I made myself my favorite breakfast dish, “the egg bagel,” and I made Jordan a breakfast taco. We had a very relaxing morning before heading out for more pool time. On Saturday afternoon, Taylor, Wesley, and Scarlett came over to spend time with us in the pool and to eat some yummy hot dogs for lunch. Being in the pool is honestly one of the best things to do during the summer in Houston. It’s just way too hot to really enjoy any other outdoor activities and thankfully we are blessed to live in a complex with two super nice pools and places to grill. Mila passed out immediately after she ate her pizza rolls. She was pooped after two pool days in a row. On Sunday, Jordan, Mila, and I had some more fun by the pool together. We grilled some hamburgers (which turned out so good!) and got lots of sun. Mila and I had a girls day together on Monday. We spent a couple hours poolside and the rest of it hanging out and watching movies. Once Jordan got home, I headed to the gym. I ran 1.50 miles and did some leg exercises. I felt so strong on Monday. Running felt so much easier in comparison to the Monday before, which made me so excited. For dinner, I made some spaghetti and it was delicious. The three of us filled our bellies with pasta and watched “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” Tuesday, was a very early & long morning of coaching. When I got home I made myself a hot dog (I know it’s not very healthy…) and watched “The Forest,” which is a French, Netflix original series that I’ve been addicted to. The entire thing is in subtitles, but it’s a murder mystery series and it had such a great storyline in my opinion. After a bit of resting, I headed to the gym for some cross-training. I cycled for 35 min and my legs felt like jello afterwards.

Tuesday evening, my grandparents threw a 4th of July party that was super fun! I had a wonderful time visiting with everyone and playing an intense game of water basketball.

Wednesday morning (4th of July), I had to work for a little bit and while I was at the rink it started down pouring. It rained so hard for a few hours that it started to flood pretty good in the Downtown Houston area. Thankfully I don’t live in that part of town, but all of the rain did put a damper on most of the day. Jordan and I relaxed by watching “Jurassic Park 3” before getting ready for later festivities. My family had a get together in the evening that I went to. My brother, Davis, was making me laugh because he wears winter clothes during the summer and it is SO hot outside. He’s a mess. I met up with Jordan and Mila a little later for some sparklers and fireworks! 🇺🇸 I had to work almost all day on Thursday (yesterday) and I noticed on my way home that it had gotten so dark outside. We headed outside quickly to grill our dinner before it started to pour. We ate seasoned drumsticks, jalapeño poppers, and some mac & cheese. We watched some of “Jurassic Park 2” before I headed to the gym for a late night workout. My workout schedule has been a little messed up this week since we had a holiday right in the middle of it and I also had a very busy Thursday. I decided to make Wednesday my rest day for the week, I did cross training (cycling) at 10pm on Thursday, and I’m going to do my long run on Saturday. I was a little bummed that I couldn’t follow the exact schedule, but I’m happy that I’m still making it work! This morning I woke up around 8am to go for a run and it felt so rough, especially after doing a 10pm workout the night before. This was my first run to accomplish outside and it felt like my worst run, but I actually ended up going a little bit faster than I have been. I usually prefer to run outside unless it’s summertime. By 8:30am it was already 80 degrees and 88% humidity! Houston’s summer weather is not my favorite. After my run, I hopped in the shower to get all cleaned up. I felt nice and fresh before I sat down to eat some breakfast and finish up this recap. I ate two slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter & a cup of coffee.

Also, I’ve been obsessed with this new candle I bought from Target. It kind of smells like Christmas and puts me in the best mood.

After breakfast, Mila and I got dolled up to go do some browsing around Target. I love Target!

Now I’m off to enjoy the rest of my Friday and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I’ll be back to see y’all next Friday.

XOXO, Paige.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s